New Royal Mail 2D Barcode - Tracking

Forum dedicated to questions on Couriers and all things related to shipping management

New Royal Mail 2D Barcode - Tracking

Postby WPN » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:27 pm

Any word on this yet? We feel like we have been waiting forever. Royal Mail ring us regularly to tell us about their amazing new system and we have to say "yeah, we know, just waiting for Linnworks to incorporate it....." Got a RM postcard and phone call today and we were encouraged by the salesman on phone to change systems because other systems have it up and running....

The barcode is on the labels, but we need the tracking number to go in the tracking number box. Can't be much longer now shortly, we live in hope.
WPN

Re: New Royal Mail 2D Barcode - Tracking

Postby websnail » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:20 am

It's already incorporated in for OBA... Are you sure it's not incorporated for the Tracked 24/48 integration as well?

Might be worth dropping LW support a call to check if you're just missing out on the integration side of things or what you need to do to switch.
websnail

Postby WPN » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:59 am

Thanks, but I'm not talking about the 24/48 tracked mail, we don't use that anymore anyway, I mean the new barcode for delivery confirmation of normal first and second class mail which we were promised would have been sorted by now, the barcode is there, has been for months, but the tracking number of that barcode does not go into the tracking number box and is therefore not uploaded to the customer rendering it useless.
WPN

Postby websnail » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:17 pm

WPN wrote:Thanks, but I'm not talking about the 24/48 tracked mail, we don't use that anymore anyway, I mean the new barcode for delivery confirmation of normal first and second class mail which we were promised would have been sorted by now, the barcode is there, has been for months, but the tracking number of that barcode does not go into the tracking number box and is therefore not uploaded to the customer rendering it useless.

I wasn't referring to the tracked products specifically, just covering the bases as RM24 and RM48 also have the 2D block codes as you said.

I think you may be misinterpreting the purpose of those codes though. They idea is that RM will provide delivery confirmation to the sender (ie: us) and associated marketplaces like eBay for their delivery metrics, etc... They aren't replacing the tracking system or anything that will allow a customer to check status the way Signed-For or Tracked does at present.

In terms of where the delivery confirmation side of things is, my understanding is that RM are behind on this and slowly introducing it in stages to different areas until they have the bugs ironed out and can roll it out generally.
websnail

Return to Shipping