Item specifics in listing description

Questions about scripting in Linnworks, ask for assistance writing scripts, commission scripts to freelancers here, discuss and comment on sample source code. Give us ideas for template scripts.

Item specifics in listing description

Postby cbrown » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:03 am

Hi there

I am looking to include product specifics in my listings.

For instance we have a listing template setup. In the template we have our product specs laid out such as CPU, GPU, RAM, HARD DRIVE SIZE etc, in the next row we have [{PRODUCT_PROPERTY_CPU_CHIPSET}] [{PRODUCT_PROPERTY_CONDITION}] and so on..

The problem is I don't want these properties to be pulled in from the linnworks product as such. I would like these to be pulled from the specifications on the product listings page as we are creating 25 or so listings for each product each with different specifics.

Can you help for us to set this up?

Is this at all possible..?

Really dont want to go the parent child route with this one as it is nice and easy to just have the one product in linnworks to update across our 5 channels

Example of one of our listings here, if you see from product specification it is broken

http://ebay.eu/2abr38R

Many thanks for any responses in advance..!
cbrown

Re: Item specifics in listing description

Postby OMS » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:07 am

Not sure how to pull "Item Specifics" for each item in the description.
Might be the easiest to add each to "Extended Properties" for the item and pull from there as that is the recommended method.

Just create an SKU for each item, add extended properties for that item and you should be good to go,

We do this for each item we sell, even though most of the info is the same.

An excel spreadsheet can do it in no time:)

Steve
OMS

Re: Item specifics in listing description

Postby cbrown » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:00 am

Hi Steve

Yes I understand that these tags are generally for extended properties, we use them for most listings but for our custom items would prefer to pull this data from item specifics for all 25 listings.

Suppose the only workaround for now is for us to edit each listing manually on eBay.

Many thanks for your kind response.

CBrown
cbrown

Return to Scripting