Amazon Throttled

Selling venues, channel integration (eBay, Amazon, PixMania, PlayTrade problems), website integration/scripts, Magento problems. Discussions about third party e-commerce platforms.

Amazon Throttled

Postby PMcHardy on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Over the last while we have been having more and more problems with feeds to Amazon being throttled. This happens when I try to delist items in app.linlive.com

We are able to delist two or three items and them "Error request is Throttled"

We are also running into this problem using bulk lister at lister.linnlive.com, error cant submit listing and when we look at the error it says "Feed is throttled".

I understand that this is because of the way that Amazon accepts api requests, but this has becoming a right pain.

Has any one found a work around? we reckon it seems to be better before 11am in the morning.

Peter
PMcHardy

Re: Amazon Throttled

Postby nigel_linn on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:35 pm

You mention:
"
I understand that this is because of the way that Amazon accepts api requests, but this has becoming a right pain."

Have you contacted Amazon support/customer service to ask why this is happening to your listings? It may be do to with the volume or an issue with a present or past item. It has been known for an item that has had an issue in the past causing an endless re-listing loop to cause problems like this.

I would be very interested in Amazon' s response.
nigel_linn

Postby PMcHardy on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Yes I contacted Amazon Technical Support, they were not very forth coming in any solutions. They referred me to linnworks! The problem seems worse at certain times, so I wondered if it was a server loading issue at amazon?
PMcHardy

Postby oranges2dollars on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Unfortunately it seems that both Amazon and Ebay, probably other channels as well, tend to point the blame at linnworks whenever something goes wrong on their end...
oranges2dollars

Postby Pete on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:38 pm

Amazon throttle as a means of stopping their servers being overloaded, LL2 will do things in batch rather than instant, so this will get round the issue from our end. Also if you use FBA I'm also getting round this issue by a redesign of getting the shipping details back.
Pete
Site Admin

Postby oranges2dollars on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:43 pm

We are also experiencing a lot of issues with Mean Repricer, Specifically Position 0" Listing was not found on Amazon" errors.

Any Ideas on this?
oranges2dollars

Return to Integration